I) General information
1. Thank you for your interest in our website. Protecting your personal data while you visit our website is of particularly great importance to us. In the following information we provide an overview of how we process your personal data, as well as of your data protection rights.
2. Personal data includes all data that can be personally related to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
3. If a data subject wishes to make use of particular services provided by our company via our website, such as our contact form, it may be necessary to process personal data. If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no legal basis for such processing, we generally obtain the consent of the data subject. Processing is always carried out pursuant to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
II) Your rights
1. You have the following rights vis-à-vis ourselves with regard to personal data related to you:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification or erasure;
- the right to restriction of processing;
- the right to object to the processing of personal data;
- the right to data portability.
2. You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
3. If you wish to exercise your rights as a data subject, please simply send an e-mail to Datenschutz@Leipold.com. Proof of identity may be required.
III) Contact details
Carl Leipold GmbH
Schiltacher Str. 5
77709 Wolfach, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)7834 8395-0
Fax: +49 (0)7834 8395-55
Managing Directors: Dipl.-Ing. Pascal Schiefer, Dipl.-Betriebsw. (FH) Thomas Fees
2. The company data protection officer for Carl Leipold GmbH can be contacted at the above address, for the attention of the data protection officer or via Datenschutz@leipold.com.
IV) Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of its use
1. When you visit the website:
a. when accessing our website, the browser in use on your device automatically sends information to our web server; this information is temporarily stored in a so-called "log file"; In so doing, the following information is captured without your intervention and stored until it is automatically erased:
- IP address
- the date and time of the request;
- the time zone difference relative to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT);
- the content of the request (concrete page);
- the access status/HTTP status code;
- the amount of data transferred in each case;
- the website from which the request comes;
- the browser;
- the operating system and its interface;
- the language and version of the browser software.
The aforementioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- to ensure a smooth connection to the website;
- to ensure a comfortable use of our website;
- to evaluate system security and stability as well as for other administrative purposes.
b. The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest results from the aforementioned purposes for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
2. When using our contact form:
a. when you contact us through our website, we collect various personal data from you via the contact form. Mandatory fields - enabling us to best handle your enquiry using the minimal amount of your data necessary - are: your name, company, e-mail address and the message itself. All other information, such as your title, address data and telephone number are voluntary and go beyond what is necessary. With this data provided by you, an unencrypted e-mail is generated directly - without being stored intermediately - for email@example.com, which you then transmit to us by sending it. Please note that the e-mail is unencrypted, so do make sure that you do not provide any confidential data or information in this way.
b. The data will be processed for the purpose of contacting us pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR on the basis of your freely given consent. The personal data collected by us when you use the contact form will be automatically erased after your enquiry has been processed.
a. The website pages use so-called "cookies" in several places. They serve to make our website more user-friendly, effective and secure. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and saved by your browser. Most of the cookies we use are so-called "session cookies". They are automatically erased at the end of your visit. Cookies do no damage to your computer and do not contain viruses. d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse e.g. the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that you may not be able to use all functions of our website.
b. The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure that our website is designed to meet requirements and is continually being optimised. Furthermore, we use the tracking measures to record statistics on website usage and to evaluate them so as to optimise our offering. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the scope of the aforementioned regulation. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
V. Use of web analysis programs
This website uses etracker technology (www.etracker.com) to collect and store data for marketing and optimisation purposes. This data can be used to create usage profiles under a pseudonym. Cookies may be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are saved locally in the memory of your web browser when you visit a website. The cookies enable recognition of the web browser. The data collected using etracker technologies will not be used to personally identify the visitor to this website and will not be combined with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym, unless the data subject has given his or her consent to this separately. The collection and storage of data can be revoked at any time with future effect.
VI) SSL encryption
1. This site uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as requests you send to us as operators of the website. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the padlock symbol in your browser line.
2. If SSL encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
VII. Data collection in the application process
1. Type of data
In the course of your application, we will collect and process the personal application data listed below:
- Your title
- Surname, first name
- Telephone/mobile number
- Application documents (letter of application, curriculum vitae, attestations, certificates, etc.)
2. Consent for special data
a. If your application contains special categories of personal data (e.g. information on marital status, which can give information about your sexual life or sexual orientation; information on health; a photo which allows conclusions to be drawn about your ethnic origin and possibly your eye-sight and/or religion; and similarly sensitive data falling within the scope of Article 9 of the General Data Protection Regulation), we will assume that you have given consent to processing. This consent serves uniquely so as to be able to consider the application in the form in which it is presented. The information will not be taken into account in the application process unless there is a legal obligation to do so – such as regarding persons with severe disabilities. Your data will not be passed on to third parties.
b. You may also submit an application purged of the special categories of personal data, without this affecting your chances in the application process.
3. Purpose of data collection/forwarding
a. Your personal application data is collected and processed exclusively for the purpose of filling vacancies within our company. Your data will only be forwarded to internal bodies and specialised departments responsible for the concrete applications procedure, unless you explicitly consent to its further use.
b. Please note that the data you provide may be used to compile statistics on the application process. These statistics are compiled exclusively for our own purposes; this takes place in an anonymised form with no personalisation whatsoever.
4. Legal basis
Collection/processing of your data takes place pursuant to § 26 German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) (new) (hitherto § 32 BDSG), or else with your consent.
5. Retention period for job application data
a. Your personal application data will generally be erased a maximum of six months after completion of the application procedure. This does not apply if legal provisions stand in the way of erasure, if further storage is necessary for the purpose of providing evidence or if you have explicitly agreed to longer storage.
b. Storage for future job postings
c. If we are unable to offer you a current vacancy, but we believe from your profile that your application may be interesting for future vacancies, we will store your personal application data for a maximum of 2 years, provided that you explicitly agree to such storage and use. With your consent, we will compare your documents to our job offers and will contact you, should a suitable offer arise.
6. Data integrity
We have taken various technical and organisational precautions to protect the data collected in the context of your application against manipulation and unauthorised access. In particular, the transmission of your online application is encrypted using the latest technological standards.
VIII) Right to access and revocation
If you have any questions regarding the collection, processing or use of your personal data, or in cases of access to, rectification or erasure of data, as well as revocation of consents given, please contact our external data protection officer.
IX) Data storage/erasure
Unless otherwise specified in the detailed descriptions of the offers, we process and store your personal data as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of our contractual and legal obligations.
Your personal data will be regularly erased or made unavailable, if it is no longer necessary for the fulfilment of contractual or legal obligations, if you have made use of your right to erasure, if all mutual claims have been settled and if there are no other legal storage obligations or legal grounds for storage.
X) Current version and changes to this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid as of May 2018. As a result of the further development of our website and relevant online offers or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can access and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on our website.